Frequently Asked Questions
Are there requirements to use Affirm?
Yes. You’ll need:
● To be the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside
● To be a resident of Canada
● A Canadian bank account or Visa/Mastercard debit card (Your debit card must have the Visa or Mastercard logo). Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
● An SMS-capable Canadian phone number
● To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout
How do I sign up?
If your basket is eligible for 'Pay in 4' or monthly payments with Affirm, the option will be presented at checkout. After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then enter a few details for an instant decision. If you’re approved, you will have the option to set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.
Does Affirm do a credit check?
To learn more about Affirm and credit checks, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site
How do I make payments?
Affirm will help you set up convenient, pre-authorized payments via your Canadian bank account, or a Visa/Mastercard credit/debit card. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Affirm currently accepts Visa and Mastercard credit cards and pre-authorized debits from your Canadian bank account or a debit card. Debit cards must have the Visa or Mastercard logo. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected. Please note that prepaid cards are not accepted.